Thursday, February 01, 2007

Broccoli Sausage Simmer


Several people have asked me to post this recipe, so I thought I would do that right now. I originally found this in Quick Cooking, January/February 2002 issue. It certainly is easy! Enjoy!

BROCCOLI SAUSAGE SIMMER

1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets
1 small onion, sliced
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes (do not drain them)
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1 tsp. sugar
3 cups cooked rotini (spiral-shaped pasta)

In a large skillet, saute´the sausage, broccoli and onion for 5 to 6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Add tomatoes, basil, parsley and sugar. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add pasta and heat through.

Yield: 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.