Friday, February 02, 2007

Baked Cinnamon Pudding


Well, as promised, here's the recipe for the dessert I made last night. It came out every bit as yummy as I was expecting it to be. My parents ate their entire 8-inch dish of pudding at one sitting! The recipe is one I found in the Gooseberry Patch book Magic of Christmas. I did make a couple of changes in the recipe, however.

BAKED CINNAMON PUDDING

2 cups brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 cups cold water
2 Tblsp. butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 Tblsp. flavorless cooking oil (I used canola)
1 2/3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
Dash of salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)

Blend together brown sugar, water and butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Meanwhile, combine the sugar, milk and oil in a medium bowl. Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and add to the milk mixture in the bowl. Stir until all dry ingredients are well incorporated. Spread this mixture in the bottom of an ungreased
13x9-inch baking dish.

Remove the hot brown sugar syrup from the heat and pour carefully over the mixture in the dish. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 350ยบ for 45 minutes. Serve warm. Makes 6 to 12 servings.

If preferred, you could make two 8- or 9-inch pans of this dessert rather than one large one, and give one away (as I did)! I think the recipe could also be cut in half successfully so you could just make one 9-inch panful of the pudding.

This is such a warm, comforting dessert! It is similar to a hot fudge pudding cake, but I actually like this even better. It’s good with ice cream too -- vanilla or any other flavor that’s compatible with cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.