Monday, December 27, 2021

A lovely gift from a friend

 

 Last week we had the fun of going out to breakfast with our dear friend Terry.  We went to our favorite breakfast spot, which happens to be less than 10 minutes from her house.  They serve the best omelets!  We love one called the Southern omelet, which is filled with sausage and gravy, and also the Benedict omelet which is filled with broccoli and Canadian bacon and covered with the most scrumptious homemade Hollandaise sauce.  This is a win for both me and Terry, because we love Hollandaise and we don't love poached eggs -- consequently, neither of us ever orders Eggs Benedict.  Having an omelet with these flavors is such a treat!

Breakfast also included a special blessing in the form of our server, who noticed us saying grace and came over to thank us for doing so.  She even asked to pray for a specific request.  We all felt that this was a blessing straight from the Lord.

Back at Terry's house, we settled in for a short visit and opened her Christmas gift to us: the gorgeous snow globe pictured at the top of the post.  Below, if the video works, you may be able to see it with the glittery snow falling.

What a kind and generous gift!  Terry knows that we love snow globes -- and we share a common love of church family and God's people.  So a winter scene featuring a church was most appropriate.  Pictures cannot really do this snow globe justice.  It is simply amazing.  We were so touched by Terry's thoughtfulness and generosity.

Hope you've enjoyed this peek at a delightfully thoughtful gift from a special friend!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ornament!
    The Southern omelet sounds delicious. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year to you as well!

      Delete
  2. Oh it is very nice. Will you hang it on your tree? You gals don't like Eggs Benedict? That is one of my favorite things...poached eggs. I seldom have them with the Hollandaise sauce, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to tell from the photo, but this is quite a bit too big to hang on the tree. I'm guessing maybe 8 to 10 inches tall. I'm not nearby so can't measure it, but it's designed to sit on a table or other surface.

      My dad loved poached eggs ... they were a staple of his diet. Just can't do it myself, though.

      Delete
  3. Oh, what a delightful time you had...and that snow globe with the church is so beautiful! Just perfect! I love winter church scenes so much...and to have this one "animated" with the snow, well, that is wonderful! I wonder where she got it? Is it an ornament for the tree, or too big for that? And your omelet does sound good, although I'm not sure about having both gravy AND Hollandaise sauce on one omelet! That sounds a bit too much for me, but still, I bet it was good because you said so! LOL. Merry Christmas and have a blessed New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Pam. I think she found this on QVC. A seller named Valerie Parr Hill. I never look at QVC because (for one reason) we don't have TV and I don't really want to look it up online because I don't want to know how much she paid for it. It definitely is too large to hang on the tree and is designed to sit on a flat surface.

    Oh no -- we didn't have sausage gravy and Hollandaise sauce on the SAME omelet! My hubby and I both had the Southern omelet with the sausage gravy. Terry had the Benedict one with the Hollandaise sauce. I have often chosen that one and raved about it, so this time she decided to try it.

    Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.