1. When it comes to gift giving are you more of a 'create something from scratch' or a 'buy something in a shop' kind of giver? Tell about a favorite homemade gift you've given or one you've received.
I am much more a 'create something from scratch' kind of giver. However, time constraints often prevent me from creating all the gifts I would like to, so I often end up resorting to Amazon wish lists which most of our grandkids have. Last year, though, I made hats for many of them. You can read about that here: The Year of the Crocheted Hat. If you want to see some of the gifts I've made, click the "handmade gifts" label at either blog. Probably my favorite gift I've ever given is a Christmas memory book.
As far as a homemade gift I've received, I would be hard pressed to choose a favorite. But one of them has to be this felt tea wallet made by my daughter Carrie. So thoughtful, and I have used it a lot.
Another gift made by Carrie that I use all the time is this lovely case for crochet hooks. Below you see the case both open and closed.
And another favorite would be these silhouette ornaments that our daughter Joanna made. She now has 3 more kids, so needs to make more! But has a lot less time ...
2. Do you have the 'gift of gab'? Is that a blessing or a curse?
I do not have the 'gift of gab'. This guy (wearing a handmade gift by Joanna and crew) does:
3. What's something you have going on that you need/want to 'wrap up' this month?
I would love to 'wrap up' my trust responsibilities this month, but most likely that won't be completed until early in 2022. I'll be surprised and thrilled if it happens in December.
4. A food you love that is 'wrapped' in some way?
Hmmm .... Oh, I haven't made these in a long time, but Cornish pasties (hand-held meat pies) were a huge favorite with my kids for picnics. We always buy pasties when visiting the mining town of Elko, Nevada.
Calzones are good too -- again, something I haven't made in years. What is wrong with me?
5. December is upon us...share something here (quote, verse, poem, song lyric, your own thoughts) related to the word hope.
Delightful graphic by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13)
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We're nearly ready to close up our little camp for the winter. It's going to be an adjustment. We may be able to squeeze in some afternoons or an overnight there if the temperatures allow, but soon it will look like this:
There's the Hodgepodge for this week! If you'd like to join in too, head over to From This Side of the Pond to get the questions and link up.