Friday, October 21, 2022

Hodgepodge for October 19

 


 ... a few days late!  Yes, I'm checking in late for the Wednesday Hodgepodge -- the linkup where Joyce, at  From This Side of the Pond, asks the questions and bloggers provide the answers on their own blogs.  This week's questions are all over the place, but they were fun to answer.  Here goes!

 1. What's something you wish you'd figured out sooner? 

Many things, but the biggest and most important is that God desires a relationship with each of us and that He can absolutely be trusted.  Also, the crucial importance of time with Him each day.  Thankfully, I did learn that one fairly early on.

Beautiful graphic by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings

2. Something from childhood you still enjoy today? 

Playing with paper and scissors; coloring; making things; old-fashioned comfort food; fall leaves; maple sugaring season; and much more. 

3. Are you a fidgeter? What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word fidget? 

I can be a little bit of a fidgeter ... but absolutely the first thing that comes to my mind upon hearing the word "fidget" is how much of a fidgeter my husband is.  He is always rearranging things while talking.  His answer to any comment about his fidgeting: "Keeps me thin."  Good thing, with all of the ice cream he consumes.  Guess I should take up fidgeting.

4. Your favorite fall vegetable? How do you like it prepared? 

Buttercup squash, without a doubt. We love the flavor!  I like it simply baked, with some butter, salt and pepper, and sometimes a little maple syrup.  Or just mashed with butter, salt and pepper.

5. What's something you find mildly annoying, but not annoying enough to actually do anything about? Might you now? 

We need to redo our pantry inventory.   It looks much worse than this right now, with things crossed out and rewritten, etc.  We never did inventory what was in the door of the pantry, either.  Sounds like a good fall project!


6. Insert your own random thought here.  

We just got back from a getaway to the Great North Woods.  Just a few days, but we feel so refreshed!  Wednesday, in particular, was a time of just relaxing and soaking in the peace and beauty of God's magnificent creation.

 And that's the Hodgepodge for this week!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful answers...I totally agree on #1. Re: fidgeting...I am guilty. My hubby says I fidget all night long! LOL. Buttercup squash? I haven't seen that one. We have butterNUT squash, but I guess that is different. I love it and think I need to get some soon. Enjoyed all your answers...and paper dolls were a favorite of mine as well!! Simple joys and pleasures of childhood. I don't know if children have such simple pleasures today. Have a blessed and wonderful rest of your day and week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of fidgeters, I do not think of Mr. T. That one surprised me. I think of two men at church: one bounces his knee up and down and the other jingles the coins in his pocket. 😵‍💫

    Oh buttercup squash was my mother's favorite. No sense in messing around with any of the others.

    So good to get away and feel refreshed upon return. That was a gift from God.

    Have a blessed weekend...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.