Monday, October 10, 2022

A foliage ride on the Cannon Mountain tram

 

 (Warning!  Many photos ahead!)

Back near the end of September, my hubby and I decided to take the aerial tramway to the top of Cannon Mountain.  I wrote a brief post about it and readers may recall that the visibility that day was zero.  We still had so much fun, but we decided that we would go up again in October (NH senior citizens ride the tram free Monday-Friday) and try to pick a good day when the foliage would be near peak.

Well, the other afternoon my hubby came to the realization that our October calendar was already so full that if we were to ride the tram in foliage season, it would have to be the very next day!  We quickly made a reservation and proceeded with our plan.  We took the first tram to the top of the mountain (9 am) and, after fueling up with coffee and a muffin, headed out to explore.

The above photo was taken next to the tram building at the top of the mountain. 
The above photo and the next few were taken along the Rim Trail at the top of the mountain.
The winding ribbon you see is I-93.
At the left of the photo above is one of the little trails leading down from the Rim Trail to scenic vantage points.  My hubby clambered down nearly every one.  The video is one that my hubby took of the second tram car approaching the tower.

The photo below was taken, I think, from the observation tower.  I didn't go all the way up, so I'm not sure.  There is a 360º degree view from the observation deck and on a clear day one can see peaks in Vermont, Maine, Canada, and New York as well as New Hampshire.

The photos below were taken from one of the decks off the cafe area at the top of the mountain.  It was a bit hazy, but you can see the glory of the foliage.


The next two photos were taken as we were going down the mountain in the tram car, thus the hand and camera of another visitor got into our photo.  What a beautiful vista!  One can literally see into Vermont and likely Maine from this vantage point.  The lake in the photo is Echo Lake.

 

And this very last photo was taken from the parking lot!  Still plenty of beauty to behold down below.

Hope you've enjoyed this peek at our aerial adventure!

5 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful! What a breathtaking view! I was surprised that you could see Echo Lake from there. I thought it was over by North Conway and Cathedral Ledge area...but maybe you were high enough to see it? Or maybe I am mistaken about its location. It's been a long time since we were up in that area, but I just remember the name Echo Lake and that looks like what I thought it looked like. Amazing how far you can see from up on top of those mountains! Thank you for sharing your trip with us. The foliage is so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how beautiful! So glad that you enjoyed it again on a better day. 🍁 Mr. T must have lots of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! We are going on a foliage drive next Saturday! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what glorious scenery!
    Breathtaking!!
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is truly beautiful. I think that is definitely a good idea and a way to see such glorious nature.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.