Thursday, October 27, 2022

Late October at our little camp

 
Yesterday was not a good afternoon to take photos at our camp, but I had brought the camera and so I snapped a few anyway.  Even though we are nearing the end of foliage season (just look at all the leaves on the ground!), the dirt road where our camp is located still has trees laden with a good amount of gold, orange, yellow, and russet leaves.  I've been saying that the road's name in this season (especially on a sunny day) should be changed to The Golden Road.  These leaves glow in overcast weather too, though, as you will see. 

Notice the smallish red tree approximately toward the middle of the photo above.
The photo above shows the edge of our camp's back yard and the road below.  I liked the color of the leaves in this photo.

This shows part of our neighbor's property across the street.  At the very edge of the photo at the far right, you see just a tiny corner of our lake view.
 
 
The sign above, woodburned by grandsons, gives a hint to our seasonal water view.  I know I've posted a photo of this sign on Instagram, but can't remember if I've put one here on the blog.
 
The older photo above, taken in springtime, shows a little more of our lake view.  This was taken before we owned the camp or had done anything with it.
 

 And the photo above, taken last winter, shows even more of the lake view.  The flat expanse you see in the foreground is the roof of a house, but the second rectangular expanse, with a mountain just above it, is Loon Lake.

I also keep forgetting to show a recent addition to our cottage, a simple guest book which I put together using a composition book, some scrapbooking paper and some washi tape.  It's something I wish I had thought of from the beginning, but I didn't.  I did manage to have the composition book there in time for our first overnight guests, though I didn't complete the cover until after they left.

Below, a little bit closer look at the scrapbook paper and washi tape I used.  It may not hold up perfectly, but that is absolutely fine.  We are not about perfection here!

We feel blessed that the temperatures have been warm enough to allow us to spend several nights this week at our camp.  I've been hoping to get a few photos of The Golden Road, too.  Maybe the leaves will last until the next time we get over there, but with all the rain we're getting, that is by no means a given.  And we do need the rain.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to come and sign your guest book! You did a beautiful job on it, and I am sure it will be filled with happy memories of lovely times spent with wonderful guests. I love having a guest book and enjoy going back through the old ones and remembering who was with us and when and why...sweet memories. I love to see the old signatures and oftentimes they would write little notes of thanks. I love your "Lakeview Lodge" sign. Perfect for the setting! And your view is truly lovely all the way around. The trees are gorgeous even when it is overcast. Sometimes their colors glow even more in contrast to the grayness of the skies. You know I "envy" you having such a place to retreat to, even though we are not supposed to envy one another's blessings. So I guess I should say I am so happy for you to have your lovely camp/cottage, and I pray that someday we will have something like that as well. It's been a life long dream of mine... especially a place where friends / family could gather and just relax and enjoy God's beautiful creation all around. You are blessed and I am truly happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting waterlogged over here. Yes, there are still wonderful views and colors to be found. Seems your corner has more reds; mine has more yellow. Good idea your guest book and cute, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.