Tuesday, October 18, 2022

A breathtaking autumn pond

 

Although I wrote a bit about our mini getaway on Columbus Day weekend, I didn't get to include these photos.  In my post about our getaway, I mentioned that we had gotten lost trying to find the right end of the dirt road where our Airbnb was located.  If you recall, a lady out walking her dog had given us better guidance.  In directing us, she noted, "You'll go by a pond ...".  What she did not mention was the breathtaking beauty of said pond.

We had stopped to snap these pictures when a mail delivery van pulled up next to us and the driver said something like, "What a picture that will make!"  He seemed as taken with the view as we were.
Here is this gorgeous pond surrounded by glorious fall trees, out in the middle of nowhere surrounded by a network of dirt roads. 
It was late afternoon, perhaps 5 pm, when we stopped to get these photos.  We might have gotten better pictures at a different time of day, but we were still pleased with the way these turned out.

We loved this view so much that, rather than try and find the way we should have gone to our Airbnb, we just came and went by this route every time.  I'm sure you can see why!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like candy colors—so gorgeous! Yes, I can see why you repeated your "mistake."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:26 PM

    Gorgeous!

    Deanna Rabe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.