Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Back-on-Track Challenge, Day 23


Here's how things went yesterday:

* Health & energy -- kept up with the Body Clutter Investigator, ate well, drank plenty of water, got about 23g fiber, exercised, and got 6.5 hours sleep.

* Devotional life -- worked on the Bible study Becoming a Woman of Grace, by Cynthia Heald; worked on memorizing 2 Peter 1:10-11. Had a wonderful quiet time of reading the Bible and praying. Read through the next chapter of the study Quiet Confidence for a Woman's Heart in preparation for the next Sunday School lessons I'll teach.

* Homemaking -- made a schedule for my day. Stuck to my schedule and accomplished most things on my list. Shifted my meal-planning gears to come up with something that would be good for a very hot day. Potato salad, yes, but what to have with it. Meat loaf would be good, but I didn't want to heat up the oven. My old Quaker Oats cookbooklet (which has a great meat loaf recipe) gave directions for cooking it in the microwave. It worked perfectly!

* Creativity -- Spent time working on craft preparation for our church's kids' outreach on Saturday. Posted in my blog. Worked on a sewing project. In the process of craft preparation (as mentioned above) I did a bit of decluttering in the craft closet. Found an unfinished girls' blouse and skirt that won't take much work to finish and may fit a granddaughter. Also found a tablecloth/napkin set all stamped for embroidery -- I know this is a UFO given me by someone else. The napkins are all stitched, but the tablecloth doesn't appear to have been started. Fun find! I have been wanting to work on an embroidery project, so I guess this will be it. In the evening, spent some time on cross stitch Christmas ornaments. Wrote in my journal.

So that was day 23 of my challenge. I'm very pleased with how things went, especially my quiet time. It was wonderful... exactly what I want each day's quiet time to be, but it doesn't always work out that way!

How about you? If you're taking part in this challenge with me, share your thoughts in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs. T.;

    You sure had a very productive day!

    I enjoy stopping to see how you are doing ;D

    many blessings to your day,

    lady m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, lady m!
    Are you still planning to pick up your own challenge come August 1?

    Hope you are having a wonderful day!

    God bless,
    Mrs.T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.