Monday, December 24, 2012

December 24

 
Today has been a busy day with lots of cooking, crafting and wrapping of gifts -- yet it has been a good and somewhat relaxing day as well.  This morning I finished two personalized aprons for our oldest granddaughters -- 9 and 11.  They were so pleased when they unwrapped them tonight.  These aprons were made from dish towels and turned out so cute.  I used a pattern from Gooseberry Patch Christmas book 12.  Maybe soon I can post pictures; we will see. 

We traditionally have Christmas Eve Soup on December 24.  It is basically a potato soup made with carrots, celery and cream and garnished with cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.  Sometimes we have bread or rolls with it; tonight we had pizza.  Dessert was Christmas cookies and ice cream.

Over on my Christmas blog I posted the link to these
One of the Christmas Chalkboard Printables from Nest of Posies
wonderful Free Christmas Chalkboard Printables.  There are five designs to choose from (or download them all).  Aren't they beautiful?

I have been musing much today on what Jesus left to come here to this sinful earth to be born as a baby in a stable, only to grow up to die for our sins.  He truly was, as the songwriter has put it, born to die.  I am overwhelming thankful for His sacrifice on my behalf.

Wishing you all a wonderful day tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. It is such an incredible thing that He chose to do that for us. What love He must have for us! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed incredible. Sobering and maybe even rebuking, too, when we think of how little we are willing to give up for others and to serve Him. We like our comfort zones (speaking for myself) and our space too much.

    Blessings to you, too, Mrs. Smith. It's always a delight to see you here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.