Thursday, December 13, 2012

December 13

The time is galloping by!
The number of days until Christmas is rapidly dwindling.  I'm fairly pleased with the progress I've been making on the handcrafted gifts and am quite sure they'll be finished in time to mail to the recipients.  We have very few gifts left to buy and those can be obtained locally.

Today was a busy day with not a lot of time for Christmas preparations, but I did order one gift and did some work on crafted items for the grandkids.  Oh, and bought part of a gift tonight and also picked up some containers for kitchen gifts at the dollar store.

I love this season so much and just wish it were longer.  There just doesn't seem to be enough time to do all that I would like to, to be able to fully savor the season.  One thing I am firmly resolving (and yes, I make this resolution every year and only partially succeed with it) is to work on Christmas crafting all year round.  We will see!

2 comments:

  1. I had big plans to make lots of Christmas gifts this year, throughout the year. I didn't get one of them made! LOL So I'll try again in 2013. Are you taking pictures of all the Christmas gifts you're making so you can share them with us after the holidays? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting *most* of the gifts finished that I planned to do. For the grandkids, there are five who have birthdays in March and April, so I'm shuffling some of the crafted gifts off to birthdays. I had ended up changing my mind about some of the things I wanted to make.

    Most of the crafting I'm not getting done is things I wanted to make for myself -- Christmas place mats, etc. and ornaments.

    And yes, I am taking pictures of the finished crafts. Sometimes I post the gift photos on Photobucket as I go, but haven't even found time to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.