Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 22


A busy late-December Saturday!  We began the day by traveling south to our state's only Cracker Barrel restaurant to have breakfast with some dear friends.  We had not seen them since last December (only it was early in the month) so it was a special treat.  Our daughter, her hubby and family went too, as well as our friends' three adult daughters.  It was a lovely morning and I actually shopped for a couple of needed gift items in Cracker Barrel too.  They were 40% off so that made it even nicer!

On the way home we stopped at a kitchen store so I could find components for one last gift.  The store had just what I needed, but I was quite surprised at how crowded it was.  Seemed like a lot of men might have been shopping for their wives' gifts.

We got home and did a bit of necessary cleaning and some last minute decorating.  I still have a few more decorations to put out.  I am moving things around a lot this year with my decorating, and am having fun seeing how they look used in different ways.  I also wrapped a few gifts.

We had my dad up for supper -- had cheeseburger macaroni, baked beans, and broccoli salad, with a cookie and fudge plate for dessert.  After supper I did a bit more decorating and wrote out a bunch of Christmas cards for friends and church.

So that was our day -- festive and fun!  Hope yours was nice as well!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't commented much this year, but I have enjoyed your blog. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:20 PM

    Cracker Barrel is so much fun. They have sweet ornaments too. Was there much Christmas stuff left? :-)

    We go about twice a year as it is quite far away.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, ladies!

    Darlene -- it is good to see you here again! I'm glad you've been enjoying my blog even though you have not commented much. It's always nice to have you visit!

    Mrs. R -- yes, we love Cracker Barrel and I have found some lovely ornaments and gifts there in the past on great sales. I love their porch sales! There was quite a bit of Christmas stuff left at the one we visited, although they were all out of some items.

    Hope you both had a merry Christmas, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.