Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 16

It's been a day of Christmasy things.  For dessert at today's potluck lunch at church, we took a tray of Mr. T's beautiful Christmas cookies.  He made some gorgeous spritz wreath cookies in Christmas colors and some especially fine eggnog logs, as well as Sacher Torte cookies, chocolate spritz, whipped shortbread, and more.  It all made for a very pretty tray.

In our afternoon service, our church's Patch the Pirate Club did a lovely Christmas song, "Love Reached Out". and a Christmas skit.

Tonight, I managed to complete 5 handmade Christmas gifts and start 2 more.

And ... it's been snowing lightly but steadily for much of the day.  Looks like we may have a white Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:09 PM

    This is my first visit to your lovely blog. I found you through Arlene's. Very nice to meet you.

    Blessings,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Patch Club is doing the same skit/song next Sunday night! :)

    Congratulations on getting so much done! I'm itching to make a Christmas mug rug, and I just might do that tonight. I didn't make any handmade gifts this year - just too much stress added to an already busy year - but maybe this year!

    We've had snow off and on all weekend. I'm hoping it will snow Christmas Eve for a white Christmas. Growing up in the south, I haven't had too many of them, so I enjoy them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, ladies!!

    Gina, I want to welcome you to my kitchen table. Please stop in here (and/or at my Christmas Kitchen) anytime. I hope you will visit often!

    Susan -- so neat our sailors are doing the same skit and song. Our Patch the Pirate Club usually takes the month of December off, as there is so much going on in the kids' lives (especially those in public school). But this year they decided to try doing the Christmas skit and song, and only take the last 2 weeks of December off. It seems to have worked out quite well.

    It was rainy here all day yesterday and is warm and sunny today. We do still have some snow (and plenty of slush), but it's hard to tell if we will have a white Christmas or not. Glad you can enjoy them in Canada!

    I still have a couple of mug rugs and some kids' handmade gifts to assemble, but things are coming along. As usual, I didn't plan (or act) far enough ahead, but at least the Nevada gifts are on their way now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.