Sunday, December 23, 2012

December 23


Today has been mostly spent at church.  We taught our Sunday School classes as usual -- I teach a ladies' class and Mr. T a class of 4th-6th graders -- and enjoyed a meaningful morning worship service.  The offertory was an especially beautiful medley of Christmas carols -- The First Noel was most prominent, but Away in a Manger was in there too, and possibly a third carol as well.

Our potluck lunch was yummy as always, and many people brought plates of Christmas cookies for dessert, so it was all very festive.  We draw names each year and buy or make small but thoughtful gifts for the names we get.  That's always a lot of fun.  Some people come up with some very creative gifts!  At this time, too, many of the folks bring in Christmas cards for everyone.  Mr. T and I don't always do that, but this year we did.    During this time a group of the children shared some special music, and we had a short devotional about gifts.  It's all just a nice time of fellowship together as a church family.

Oh, and speaking of cookies, here is a link to the Drizzled Peppermint Cookies recipe.  Enjoy!

After getting home, I worked on making some hot chocolate mix for gifts and also made up a goody tray for Mr. T's boss and his family.  He delivered that and then we went to Walmart for some more kitchen gift components I had forgotten to buy.   We bumped into old friends there who had also come in for one or two items, and had a nice visit.   I have two more handmade gifts I would like to finish if possible, and I worked on those this evening as well. 

A most enjoyable day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.