Thursday, December 20, 2012

December 20


Another busy December day!  It began with an early morning trip to the grocery store.  It often seems that by the time I shop for my dad and ourselves, then deliver his groceries and put them away, then come back and put ours away, that the entire morning is gone.  Today was no exception, but the putting-away went quickly and I was able to spend a good bit of time on Christmas crafting.

I finished several gifts and got a good start on two more -- the latter two, for the grandchildren.  Those should get finished up tomorrow and then I just have a few more to make.  Mr. T got out of work a bit early today and we did our Walmart shopping then.  We found a couple of gifts to buy while we were in there.

I had made a ham & bean soup and cornbread last night, so delivered some of that to my dad for his supper tonight.  We finished up leftovers, so that made our own supper easy as well.  After supper, Mr. T made some fudge while I sewed.  He ended up having to double the recipe because he had used an entire can of evaporated milk rather than the half can that the recipe calls for.  Oh well, it was a mistake that was easily fixed by preparing another pan and by doubling the rest of the ingredients.  I don't think anyone will complain of having too much Heavenly Delight (chocolate peanut butter layered fudge) around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.