Thursday, December 27, 2012

December 27


 It's been snowing here a good bit of the day, and tonight the trees are so pretty.  The scenery on our road looks just like a Christmas card!

Today is a very special day in my life.  It's my youngest daughter's birthday.  She had been due on December 11, so as each day went by I grew increasingly more concerned that I might have to be in the hospital over Christmas.  God was gracious (as He always is) and held off the delivery until the 27th.  Close enough to Christmas to have a cute little stocking on her crib in the hospital nursery, but missing Christmas itself, thankfully.

Today she is 34 and the joyful mother of four little ones ages one through six, living many hundreds of miles from here.  We had a few minutes to chat on the phone tonight when Mr. T and I called to sing "Happy Birthday" to her. 

This evening we went out for a bit to do some grocery shopping and to check out the after-Christmas sales.  Oh, the bargains and beautiful things we found at Marshalls!  Some of them will be gifts for next Christmas, others are practical things like coffee.  I hope to get a picture tomorrow of a lovely wall hanging I found for only $3.20.

Soon I also hope to post some photos of my Christmas crafting, now that all of the gifts are safely in the hands of the recipients!  Maybe tomorrow; we will see!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas Mrs T!! I am on my way to the grocery store today. We have enjoyed staying in since Christmas. I may stop at TJ Maxx to look for some bargains as well. My oldest son, Ben, turned 34 on Dec 6th. He was due on Thanksgiving but came in December. It is hard to believe so many years have passed by so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arlene!

    Hope you found some great bargains if you did stop at TJ Maxx ... you may have found similar things to what I did at Marshalls, since they are the same company.

    Isn't that interesting that we both had babies in December of 1978 and that they were both overdue?! Something more we have in common!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.